Resetting PRAM will disable Find My Mac
Find my Mac is currently useless as a simple PRAM / NVRAM reset will disable it. To avoid this, turn on Firmware Password.
• Power off your Mac, then turn it on again
• Immediately press COMMAND+R to boot into recovery mode
• Click on Utilities and select “Firmware Password Utility”
• Turn On Firmware Password
• Enter a new password
• Click on Quit Firmware Password Utility
• Click on the the Apple menu
Hopefully Apple will fix this security flaw soon.
It is also recommended to turn on File Vault to keep your data encrypted.
• From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
• Click the Security & Privacy icon in the System Preferences window.
• Click the FileVault tab.
• Click the lock icon and enter an administrator name and password.
• Click the “Turn On FileVault” button.